Sunday, August 23, 2015

Jane presents Carry Me Away by Molly Harrison


Continuing with my journals for my daughters this week I have used the image Carry Me Away by Molly Harrison which is available as a digi.  This journal page is for my eldest daughter who just loves horses :) :)
To begin with I coloured the image with Promarkers and Polychromos.  Gold Spectrum Noir tint was used for the top section of the wing and gold glass granules were added for a bit of texture.
With the image coloured I set to preparing the journal page with white Gesso.  While that was drying I fussy cut the image, not an easy task with all those swirls hahaha.  Out with the Spectrum Noir tints again and I used three shades of purple for the base background and then added blotches of water at the top and allowed them to run down the page - cool effect :) Black tint next and I freehand created what is meant to be a tree.  To finish the tree off I used black embossing powder in areas.  A bit more embossing powder, this time a mixture of gold and clear and a texture stamp to create the gold circle areas.
Time now to add the fussy cut image and I then finished off with some gold stickles around the mane swirls.
The text was die cut using lime green vinyl and then finally added to the journal page.

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Carry Me Away by Molly Harrison 
  • Colouring medium - Promarkers, Polychromos, Spectrum Noir Tints
  • Die cutting - text using vinyl
  • From my stash - gold Stickles, black, gold and clear embossing powders,

1 comment: