Sunday, October 19, 2014

Featured Artist Week - Jane's view


Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps for our Artist Week where the whole team are using images by Helena Reis,  I have chosen to work with the image Moonlight Whispers.

I started by colouring the image with Promarkers. Then used a Spellbinder circle die to cut it out.
Promarkers used and my trusty gold pen
 Next I sorted my papers.  For the background I used starry night vellum and while in the draw getting that out I came across some pinky purple plastic with holographic squares.  When the light catches this it looks like there are stars lit up.  Having totally forgotten about this plastic paper I was over the moon as it was just perfect.  To add some texture I embossed one corner of the plastic with a Tattered Lace embossing folder.  For the border and the doily I used the same starry night vellum that was used for the background.  A digital sentiment was printed and cut.  I ended up not using the sentiment as this was one card that did not follow my planning.  Originally I had a song printed in mauve to fill a circle on acetate which I was going to overlay over the digi.  Alas I did not like the result, it seemed like a good idea when I thought of it but did not work out as I had hoped.  The sentiment was perfect for the song but on it's own a little cryptic so I changed to a hand stamped Happy Birthday sentiment instead.
 Here is a close up of the plastic paper which I have embossed.  In the final photo where I have used a light box this paper has become very transparent and most of the navy blue backing is shining through.  Anyway, not to worry but in real life this is the true colour.
 My attempt at rubber stamping, something I keep dabbling in but am not very successful at, I am a digi person hahaha.
The border was cut with a Tim Holtz die and I added a wee gold star and a heart to the bottom of the sentiment layer.  The plastic paper was attached to the card with the same gold stars.
Inside of the card - using the same paper as the sentiment and a Scalloped Circles Spellbinder die I created an area for a personal message.  This was edged with a gold pen and some wee dots added.  There was a scrap of the starry night vellum left, not worth keeping so I decided to cut the doily again with it (well most of the doily, the paper scrap was not big enough for all of it <g>) and cut two good quarters for the diagonal corners.
 Finished card
Ingredients
  • Image -  Helena Reis  Moonlight Whispers
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - Tim Holtz Decorative Strip Die, Spellbinders Circle and Scalloped Circle
  • All other items from my stash
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have some happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx



No comments:

Post a Comment