Sunday, October 26, 2014

Acacia Fairy

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I chose to work with Norma Burnell's - Acacia Fairy, I do so love these zantangle images, so beautifully drawn and enormous fun to colour :)

I think I stretched myself a bit far with this creation, 7 hours to make and trying to colour 4 images the same was a first for me.  By the end of it, with the images being quite small my eyes were all over the place hahahaha.

IMAGE

To begin with I made the box using a great template which was in one of the Tattered Lace magazines. Next I removed the background from the digi and replaced it with what I hoped would match up with the card I used,  In real life the colour is not a bad match but alas under the lights when taking the photo is is showing up far more pink/red than it really is.  I then printed the image 4 times so I can put one on every other section of the octagon.

 Next I coloured the images with Spectrum Noir Blending Pencils, certainly an interesting task colouring 4 images at the same time :)  Gold pen was added to parts of the digi and the background was coloured over again with one of the crayons and with an embossing folder underneath to give texture.
Here you can see how using a crayon with an embossing folder underneath creates the texture.
With all four digis coloured I mounted them using gold card and Spellbinders A2 Fancy Weave die.
 Onto decorating the box now, I cut a total of 8 of the fancy weave sections, four for the digi backing and four to fill in the remaining four sections of the box.  Next, using a Tattered Lace buckle die and the same card I cut another 12 elements.  One of each of these will be placed around the top sections of the box and the remaining four in the centres of the non digi panels.
 A simple tag with blue gems.  The same blue gems were used to decorate the top of the box.
To finish off a big bow in gold organza and turquoise ribbon.  Two gold lilies were added to the bow and the tag hung from it.  And there we go, all done.





Ingredients
  • Image -  Norma Burnell's - Acacia Fairy
  • Spectrum Noir blending pencils
  • Dies - Spellbinders A2 Fancy Weave and Tatter Lace buckles
  • Ribbon and gems from my stash
Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a lovely crafting day ahead of you :)

1 comment: