Sunday, December 29, 2013

Kym's Weekly Post - Sunday 29/12/13

Sunday is here and Christmas is over with for yet another year.  
I hope you all had a good time celebrating with your friends and family.  
It is time for me to show you some Sweet Pea Stamps creations.
Here is another ornament.  I have made it for a friend to put on their tree.  I have used Valerie Wade's digital stamp but she is also available as a single rubber stamp and is called "Christmas Angel".  Isn't she a beauty??  I have coloured the image in with my Graph'it pens and highlighted her wings with my clear Wink of Stella pen.
I have covered an MDF tree with gesso and then a green acrylic paint.  I have then used an Aged Beautifully stamp by Sheena Douglass to add some dimension to the tree.  I have then added decorative bells, gems, pearls, glitter scrolls and twine to the tree.  This is an ornament that can come out year after year.
***********************************************
I am also showing you a birthday card I have made using an image from one of the newer designers to join Sweet Pea Stamps, Helena Reis.  I fell in love with this image and also the shape of the image.  It is called "I put a spell on you" and it is available as a digital stamp and single rubber stamp.

I have coloured the image in with my Graph'it pens.  I have fallen in love with the reds I got.  They seem to have so much more colour than my Promarkers.  The backing papers I have used are from Bearly Mine Designs.  I have used Christmas TraditionsDamask Delight and Just Plaids.  I have finished the card off with some raffia ribbon, gems, Craftwork Cards die-cut sentiments and tissue paper flowers with brad centres.
***********************************************
Now this card I planned to add to my post for next week but then I thought it would be too late as we celebrate the arrival of the New Year in a couple of days so here it is for you now.
Here is the first card I have made since my operation.  The image I have used is from Sweet Pea Stamps and is by the artist Karen Middleton.  It is called "New Year Mouse" and is available as a digital stamp.  I think this image could be used for other occasions than just for New Year ie birthdays, anniversaries etc.  I have coloured the image in with my Graph'it pens.

The backing papers are from my stash.  On the bottom paper I have embossed it using a clock mask and then inked with Tim Holtz's Rusty Hinge distress ink.  I have used a Visible Image clock stamp around the image.  The card has been finished off with some fibres, peel-off sentiment and some flowers punched out of the left-over backing papers.

I would like to wish everyone that visits this blog all the very best for 2014.

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant cards Kym, I have almost done my new year card using the same image...great minds think alike.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creations. I really love that tree! Fabulous fibers on the last creation. The tissue flowers are my favorite that you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creations. I really love that tree! Fabulous fibers on the last creation. The tissue flowers are my favorite that you create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful creations!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! You are such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous collection Kym. Love them all.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a few cuties there. I really like the idea of the ornament. That would make a very cute gift, and Sweet Pea has so many really beautiful Christmas images to use for ornaments. I better get busy for next Christmas.
    Thanks for the new year wishes and I wish you the same.
    Hugs, Viola

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a few cuties there. I really like the idea of the ornament. That would make a very cute gift, and Sweet Pea has so many really beautiful Christmas images to use for ornaments. I better get busy for next Christmas.
    Thanks for the new year wishes and I wish you the same.
    Hugs, Viola

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a few cuties there. I really like the idea of the ornament. That would make a very cute gift, and Sweet Pea has so many really beautiful Christmas images to use for ornaments. I better get busy for next Christmas.
    Thanks for the new year wishes and I wish you the same.
    Hugs, Viola

    ReplyDelete
  10. Something weird is happening. It printed 3 times and I can't delete them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kym, you are soooo creative! So many gorgeous cards every week! They are very beautiful!! Hugs Milo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh WOW you have been so busy and all of your projects are just FANTASTIC
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kym, such beautiful cards again, you busy bee! Love each one of them. They are all so special and unique.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete