Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Rebecca Sinz's Bleeding Hearts

My rather awesome - and very arty and talented - niece turned 18 recently and of course I had to send her a card...
I decided to use one of Rebecca Sinz's awesome digi stamps from Sweet Pea Stamps and for this card I chose Bleeding Hearts:
I love Rebecca's striking women and in particular her series of flower-themed portraits. I coloured Bleeding Hearts with my Promarkers and added some accents with a white gel pen.
I teamed the image with some gorgeous papers in rich, purple shades and lots and lots of pretty die-cuts and punches. I embellished the edge of my card using a decorative scrollwork die and then layered over bronze coloured cardstock, which I edged with a scroll edge punch.
I cut a delicate lattice using a Marianne Creatables die and layered this over the left side of the card.
I matted my image onto bronze card and attached it with foam pads, layering a decorative die-cut corner under it.
To finish I added layered metal and paper flowers and a greeting stamped and heat embossed and cut into a pennant shape.
I also decorated the inside of the card, to increase the contrast behind the die-cut edge.
This gorgeous image is available in red rubber or digi format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store.

8 comments:

  1. Love your coloring-the highlights are a great touch! wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali you out done your self here. And of course you are killing me with those gorgeous dies lol.
    Love it.
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on the hair. I love this line of stamps too. Great embellishments too.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali, what a gorgeous creation. It's stunning. Love the colours you have chosen. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, totally gorgeous Ali. Your coloring is just stunning on this image. The card is also a masterpiece in itself. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this one? she is so beautiful. look at her hair and eyes ..oh wow. I am loving your art.
    hugs
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ali, this is stunning, love all the layers with the diecuts, this is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete