Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Connie-Flowing In Blue


Different isn't it?
I debated cutting out the center, but decided it was too pretty to destroy.
What do you think?
Does it hide the image too much or does it enhance it?

Supplies:
Plate #47 by ching chou kuik for Sweet Pea Stamps
"Flowing In Blue"
Copic markers
Color Box Chalk inkpad "Wisteria"
Memento inkpad "Tuxedo Black"
overlay is from die by Cheery Lynn Designs
"Cathedral Lace Frame"
(I had to use the metal plate insert in my Cuttlebug to cut this
intricate die)

I colored the image with Copic markers and swiped the edges with
Wisteria and then slightly with Tuxedo Black to give
it more definition then slid it behind the diecut.
Pink base is from my stash.  This die cuts about a 5" by 7" size
so my card is a little oversized.

I hope you like it....I am still undecided yet....
Connie

11 comments:

  1. perfect Connie, sort of mysterious. I love the diecut. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Connie! It is wonderful. Looks like she is behind a window in an old cathedral. STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a beautiful die cut! Makes me think of all the wonderful windows I would see in turkey and the photos I would take of my husband standing behind some of them. You can still see the maiden. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say mysterious too!!! I think that you conveyed the feeling perfectly! This is awesome and I love the creativity!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that was a different way to go! I like it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that die cute. It looks so cool with the image tucked behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks really cool, love that diecut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's brilliant! Love the diecut. She looks so sad, like she is imprisoned. Fab image for this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is an awesome die cut and I love it. Not only is it different, but it adds suspense.

    Gorgeous.... and a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it Connie. I think you have some awesome ideas. I really love the die cut you used and your coloring of the image is so bright and beautiful. Great job on this Connie.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really very mysterious, Connie. The more I look at it the more I like it. First I thought it covers to much of the image, but now I am unsure. I think I would have make it half covered. Great idea!
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete