Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sassy Mermaid

Hi Sweet Pea lovers out there. Today I want to share you a new creation I made with this gorgeous and sassy mermaid stamp from the Terrell Dorfeo Art Collection. She comes with different sentiments and you can find her HERE.

I challenged myself and made a step card. Something I already wanted to do since longer as I like that shape and it is quite different with several steps to decorate. I thought this beautiful stamp would fit perfect for my first try.  



I coloured her with Distress Inks an heavy aquarell paper.


I made several photos to see more details of the card.


The designer papers I used are from my scrap box where I collect the remaining pieces of the papers I already used. So this shape is a great opportunity to use them, especially when you are like me and always take new paper sheets to work with.

On the middle step I added a blue iridescent paper, to let it look more like water and waves. The dies I used for the swirl and the leafs are from Magnolia and the flowers are from Wild Orchid.

Thank you so much for taking a look. Before you go check all the fabulous new artists at Sweet Pea Stamps.

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Karina

14 comments:

  1. What a wallop this card packs Karina!! I LOVE your wave effect idea and those flourishes almost look like they could also be water spouts? Cool!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karina, this is absolutely gorgeous! The layout is so unique. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karina, this is wonderful! Love the way you created the card with the different papers and she is beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a super cool card with a wonderful layout. I love that you shared this design and that you use up your paper "scraps" this way. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karina, what a lovely fun card you have made here. I like the use of the stepper part as the waves. What a good idea. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful creation! Great job...I love it... you did an amazing job...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fabulous Karina!! I love the step-design of the card ad your colouring is perfection!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic card, love the color combo, the fold is great and the whole thing is so full of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL Karina!! I love the colors you've been using! Seagreen/blue is one of my favorite colors:). And the wave is a perfect idea to this layout! Amazing coloring♥
    Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karina, wonderful card. Love all the greens you used in coloring her and your step card is awesome.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab idea for a card. absolutely love the waterdetail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karina, this is so stunning. I love the stair stepper card and the water details look awesome. And of course your beautiful coloring.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. what an awesome card. Great design and color choice.

    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE what you did with my mermaid--you did a wonderful job and I adore how pretty your card is! *beams*

    Terrell Dorfeo

    ReplyDelete