Saturday, February 26, 2011

Interrupted with Tissue

and I'm not talking Kleenex tissue either! Hi everyone!

I was feeling a little blue last week and my card definitely reflects that. Actually I must have also felt a little green and throw in some yellow too, lol. For some reason I am soooo into that color combo right now.

And I think this color combo worked out perfectly with Meredith Dillman's "Interrupted" from Plate #98:


Several months ago I found a tissue paper pack in the Hobby Lobby clearance aisle which just happen to feature this gorgeous bright green and vibrant teal. Sadly it was the last pack. Anyway, there is no way I'd use this gorgeous tissue paper as part of a gift bag (well, I would but very little) I knew I'd use it on a card or paper craft project. And just knew I'd use it with a Sweet Pea Stamps stamp :-)



I definitely enjoyed coloring this gorgeous Meredith Dillman stamp. She is colored with Copics but instead of stamping her onto solar white super smooth card stock, she is stamped onto Neenah's Millstone card stock. It's a light beige, tan color.


Colors do look a little different than they would on white. Oh now that gives me an idea, maybe next time I'll have not one but two cards. :-)

12 comments:

  1. Micki, your card looks great! And know what, I had a similar idea of this technique few days ago, you will see soon on a project I show :o). And I love this green-yellow colour so much as well actually. It looks so fresh and springlike. Your colouring is amazing.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micki, I love her. I love the skin tone, your coloring is done beautifully. The colors you chose is so fantasy looking

    ReplyDelete
  3. very fresh and neat looking! love the colors you chose and the tissue is a wonderful embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! I love this look of this, your coloring is so beautiful!

    Renee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Micki- you and color are such a wonderful team. The blue and green are wonderful, ESPECIALLY with her skin tones!!! Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Micki! I love that color combo! Especially like how you "ruched" the tissue paper for your border....such pizazz!!
    Connie (who wonders if "ruched" is a word?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Micki, I love this and how you always think outside of the box. The colors are so vibrant. Love te added tissse paper and her skin tone.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. SHe's out of this world ;) Love how you reused the tissues. I have a tendency to keep those kind of things too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow! Love the idea and love this card. So clever. The colors came out wonderfully. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out so cool! Love the colors and detail! WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very unique!!! Just marvy!
    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete