Friday, January 28, 2011

Take Two

Today I want to share with you two cards. The first one is made with this so lovely image 'One and Only Heart' from the ching-chou kuik's Fantasy Art Collection. It is to find on plate # 68 and it comes along with three more sweet images. As always I colored this image with Distress inks on 300 gram water color paper. Valentines day isn't far anymore, so what image would match better than this one.


Supplies I used for this card

Design Papers from Creative Imaginations and Fancy Pants 'Rusted Sun'. On the background paper are flames, but it is hard to recognize when you wouldn't know.
Flowers by Wild Orchid
Puncher by Martha Stewart
Spellbinders

This second card is made with another beautiful image from the ching-chou kuik's Fantasy Art Collection called 'Flowing in Blue'. I made a Flowing in Green out of it :o). You can find this image together with three more lovely images on plate # 47. Coloured with Distress as well.


Supplies I used for this card

white felted vellum paper by a local company
white embossed paper from my stack, don't know anymore from where I have it
Flowers by Prima and Wild Orchid
Punches by Martha Stewart
Dies Spellbinders and Magnolia
Lace from my stack


This small white metal bird cage is from a Christmas ornament I bought at a snip market. It haves different parts which I cut apart and use it for different cards.

Thanks for looking. Don't forget to switch over to Sweet Pea Stamps to take a look at all the fabulous stamps they offer.

Wish you a wonderful day!
Karina

12 comments:

  1. Karina,

    Both are stupendous but I do love One and Only Heart. The colors are so rich. You must show how you color. I am in awe.

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute! The second card is coloured with wonderful tone of green - love it)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, your coloring is awesome. I love the rich red and browns of the first card.

    Then I saw the 2nd card.... omg, love it. All the details and the coloring.... wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Karina, I love the shade of green on the second one. Your card layouts are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Karina! Love your coloring shading girl! I cannot decide which I like better as they both are very striking.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of them! I already love ching- chou kuik's images, but these cards really help to show how much more we can do with them. I can't believe the look you got with Flowing in Blue! It's stunning! Not normally colors that I would use, but it really shines on this card! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are incredible! I admire your talent with the distress inks! That is not an easy way to color images and you are so talented at it! I especially love your shading around the images!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both so GORGEOUS. I really love your way with coloring with distressing inks. I can't pick a favorite, but then again green is my favorite color. So glad to have you and your talent with us Karina. You are the only DT member who colors with distressing inks. So it's so nice to have alittle something different to bring into our creative team/family.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Karina!!! These are both simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVELY Karina. Just wonderful, both these cards are simply stunning. I am blown away by the first card as that is my favorite color combination. The second card though, that's my favorite technique--a layering on one card with the same color mixture (ie. and all green type card with all sorts of greens). It turned out just amazing and I love that stamp. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw the bottom card on your blog and it's absolutely perfect. I just love the soft hues. Looks like a fresh bud on early morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, both cards are so lovely! the coloring is gorgeous and really brings the images to life!

    ReplyDelete