Friday, January 28, 2011

Glam Goth Fairy






Hi everyone! :) For my card today, I decided to ink up this gorgeous new image illustrated by Caron Vinson for Sweet Pea Stamps. This particular image is called Glam Goth Fairy and I think she's beautiful! I truly love Caron Vinson's work, her images are truly a dream to color. I colored the image with copics and then sponged around the image with SU's Bashful Blue ink using my Tim Holtz blending tool. Next I lightly added some Stardust Stickles to her wings. I then created my card base using SU cardstock. My DP is from DCWV (All Dressed Up Stack). This is definitely a different color scheme for me, but I really like how the blues and greens go together. For some finishing touches, I added pearls, a bow (tied with my Bow Easy) and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. Thank you all so much as always for stopping by.

Big Hugs, Christine

14 comments:

  1. Your coloring is a vision!! I adore everything about this card. Great Job!
    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colouring!!! very nice Fairy)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors.... love that green and blue and your coloring is great.

    Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine this images looks so beautiful in blue and green. You did a remarkable job on your coloring. It looks so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything in blue/green combo is a winner in my view and your card takes the prize Christine.
    I love the elegance you portray and your shading is lovely.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is seriously fabulous! I love the colors and coloring, and that image is the bomb! I need to check out the other ones better now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colouring and indeed a wonderful stamp! You made a fab card with it! I have it also........now let's play with it, greetz, Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card you've made, Christine. Love this colour combination very much. Your colouring is fabulous and you have a good eye for the right combination of image and paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoo so pretty! I have some of these papers and this is so inspiring...I will have to dig them out! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Christine, this is so beautiful!! I really lovve the blue and green color scheme. Great job on your coloring, it looks gorgeous!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so sweet! I love your choice of colours for this image...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful combination of colors. I love the matching between the card and the image. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How elegant and I love the colourcombo. Fab colouring too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, I love that paper - have little scraps I can't let go of, lol. your coloring and layout are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete