Friday, January 28, 2011

Brigid Ashwood's Firefly

Hi everyone, I'm jumping in to show you one of the new stamps/images that is on pre-order now. This artwork is by one of our new artist Brigid Ashwood. Her Steampunk artwork is so beautiful. The name of this one is FireFly. She is on sheet #3/ Plate #104.


I decided to make a travel journal book. This is going to one of my friends as she does alot of traveling and this wood be a great way for her to write down things while shes there so she don't forget before she get home.


Here is a close up of the image. I tried to make it alittle more rustic so if it got worn it would look like it was made that way.


I used some Tim Holtz DP and metal clock pieces. The rest of the DP is from DCWV Journey's collection, distressing inks, K&Company chipboard flower piece, clear sakura glitter pen, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Chipboard flourish.





Here's another view to show some of the dimension.




Remember to check out all the stamps Sweet Pea offer HERE and to see what's on SALE.



Hope you like the Journey Journal book and thanks for stopping.

17 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!! I love it!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Kym.... WOW. Love the rich colors and I have to admit this image intimidates me..... wonderful journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, I am speechless as this is soooo gorgeous! Your eye for color is wonderful. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning! The colors are so rich and vibrant! The glimmer mist must look amazing in person! You did an incredible job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a great job with this Angela. The Steampunk series is not my style but you carried it off well.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just amazing Angela, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, Angela, what an incredible project!! Absolutely stunning this travel journal you've created. Love everything on it. And your friend will love it as well that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! She looks awesome! To Micki - there is a lot to color with this image, and that can be intimidating, but she also looks great stamped in brown on a antiqued piece of paper. No coloring needed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man oh man is this cool or what? Complete show stopper!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies for all your sweet comments. I was going to do the whole no color thing too, but I ran out of time. I really wanted to try and see if I could color the gorgeous image first. So look out my attempt will be no coloring juat alot of distressing.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is my next attempt!! I hope to have them done this weekend and will add them to my next post so maybe everyone can see the image doesn't have to be intimindating and can be a simple image to work with and still have all it's beauty.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, this is sensational Angela!! Your work is always so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If your friend does not like it (yeah ok so I'm praying hard she doesnt like it) but if she doesnt can I have it plzzzzzzzzz?? LOL just joking Angela this is absolutely outstanding this stamp is fab however there is no way on earth I could get anything look this good you are an extremely talented woman. Sweet Pea is my fave I could sit & colour them all day long.....do you know there should be a job that requires this cus I would do overtime ALL the time lol. Its stunning hun WOWWWWW!!!

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. STUNNING!! Your coloring is just awesome on this card. So vibrant and lively. I just love this image. I can't wait to get this stamp after seeing your card. So inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, I absolutely ADORE this card!!! I love how you added little odds and ends to you card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. stunning card! love the colors and how vibrant it is.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow- how did I miss telling you how beathtaking this is? LOVE IT, just LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete