Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thank you fairy much



I'm so happy that the time for making Christmas cards is over. I love Christmas, but I've been making a card a day for two weeks now and I'm exhausted, lol.
For today's card I'd like to show you a thank you card I made. I'm sure you have people to thank after the Christmas season. The great thing about thank-you cards is that there is no theme you have to follow - everything is allowed.



I have used one of ching chou kuik's latest images called purple hearts from plate 68. She is coloured with promarkers and shimmery dry chalks for hair and background. I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch on the background paper, then cut out a rectangle on the card's fold top of the card. I was so proud of myself for coming up with this idea. Don't think I've seen it anywhere else before, so remember where you saw it first ;)

I added some extra sparkle around the image and on some of the butterflies. The text is handwritten and I'm very happy with it (especially concidering I wrote it 4am)

I just love the airy spring-like feel of this card. Can't wait to make more!

12 comments:

  1. This is fantastic your writing is beautiful and I love the punched out part fantastic idea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea Katarina!! It makes the card just POP!
    Mind if I CASE it?
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is awesome. I just love the card with the butterfly edging on top and like Connie, I'm so going to have to CASE it. I also love the softness of the colors. Gorgeous card Katarin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful and elegant, love your idea with the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the butterfly punch at the top of the card. The coloring is so nice and makes the image look so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty, love the punch at the top

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the punched out butterflies. It really adds to the softness of your image coloring! Whom ever gets this is getting a treasure.

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore what you did with the top of the card! FABULOUS girl! I also really, really like all the different shapes of pp you combined. GREAT card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. all of the elements of this card are so beautiful and they work so well together! I also adore the butterfly idea and I am gonna totally be stealing... opps I mean Case ing it al well... i will totally give credit tho... you are inspiring! Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katarina, that punched out part is so creative and pretty - and I have not seen it anywhere else either! Wonderful card! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the soft pastel colors and the butterfly punched out part looks awesome.
    hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katarina, all I can say is WOW! It is beautiful! I love the butterfly punch out. Your layouts are always pretty!

    ReplyDelete