Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Couple of Christmas Beauties.....


I wanted to make all my Christmas cards this year from Sweet Pea Stamps so when I saw Ching Chou Kuik's Purple Hearts I saw green and red instead of purple.  I colored her with copics and then added stickles to give her sparkle.  I covered the hearts with red gem stones so they looked like ornaments instead.  Double matted and some Holiday DP and a big red poinsettia and she was now a Christmas Fairy!!!


Now we have some very progressive friends and this may not suit everyone but it was a perfect image for them.  This one is also one of Ching Chou Kuik's called Growing Love.... I too saw a Christmas card when I looked at her.  My friend is expecting a child close to Christmas time so it will be a double celebration for them.  Again I colored her with my copics and double matted her over some Holiday DP and a braided gold ribbon.  Stickles were added and some red flowers.  I think the original flowers on the stamps were meant to be Gardenias but with my red copics they were transformed into Poinsettia's!  I just wanted to share how versatile these stamps can be. 

I hope you enjoyed!!!

Don't forget to check out the new challenge at "In A Sweet Pea Dream" challenge blog!!!

"Life's Beauty Inspires Me To Kreate"

9 comments:

  1. What an inspiration for me to get my Christmas cards done and off Kym! These turned out lovely.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cards! love how you gave them a Christmas theme and the coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those beautiful Christmas cards!! Kym these are just wonderful. I love seeing how everyone turns any image into a Christmas image,a nd you have done it perfectly!! Love them Kym.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these card are beautiful Kym. I absolutely love your coloring, they are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your choice of colours. What a beautiful pair of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my..Kym, these are FABULOUS! I love seeing non Christmas images used for Holiday cards and you did such a fantastic job!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Kym these are absolutely gorgeous. LOVE the colors. Perfect holiday cards.....stunning.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing your creations Kym, you are a wonderful artist! I love both these cards but esp the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kym- I love how you made these images holiday. Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete