Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thanks a munch

















Ok, so it's a slightly corny sentiment, but I wanted this to be a thank-you card and this is the best I could do, lol. I hope it makes sense to you using "munch" instead of "bunch". I'd definitely like to munch some of those cakes!
Since I've been a bit tired of Halloween and autumn themed cards I decided on something totally different. It might have been a good idea to start on my Christmas cards, but that would be out of character for me. Why not saving it until the very last minute instead, lol.

So for today's card I've been colouring one of Samantha Rawling's cuties called cake girl. I got myself these patterned papers a while ago and as soon as the stamp came through my mailbox I've been wanting to use them together.

She is coloured with my promakers and cut out using one of the nestabilities. The edges are "burnt" with walnut stain distress ink. The little tag is a cuttlebug die and the text is written by hand (it shows unfortunately) I like how the smaller squares turned out. I rounded  two corners - diagonally. I think it creates a look like they are spritzed out, kind of like whipped cream or even the girl's hat. I also added some glitter to some of the details on the patterned paper and a little liquid pearls to the whipped cream on the girl's piece of cake


















post signature

11 comments:

  1. Katarina, adorable! I love how you cut the image, this turned out tooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Katarina, totally adorable and I love the paper. I have a hard time with choosing papers Love the pink.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, forgot to add that I think your handwriting is awesome and I would not have known that it was your handwriting. Wish mine looked that good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so soft and pretty! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katrina- wow! This is a wonderful and adorable card. Love how you used part of the image and the variety of papers. Love it!! I agree- you handwriting is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute card, love the papers and how you colored the image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes perfect sense to me, I think this is adorable. You did a sensational job on this one!!
    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are the most adorable papers that you put with this cute stamp! I love how you colored her, too! It all looks so yummy and sweet! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Katarina, those papers are so yummy looking!! THey go great with that sweet image. Great job on this!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute Katarina!! This card makes me wanna run and get this stamp to make a card with it. (LOL, also makes me wanna get cake!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the die cut shape of the stamped image, lovely colours and papers too
    sarah x

    ReplyDelete