Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Connie-The Dragonfly

This lovely image by ching-chou kuik comes
in a circular shape that fits it perfectly.
It is titled "The Dragonfly" and you will find it


There are some nice verses with it as well.

I colored it with Copic markers and added some
pearls by Kaiser and some sheer black ribbon.

I layered this onto a background done with Luna Lights paints
on black glossy cardstock.
I hope the background doesn't take away from the beauty of this stamp.

I also want to alert you to a giveaway on my blog...link is below:


I am giving away an entire sheet of stamps by ching-chou kuik
plate #53
I have a photo of this plate posted on my blog so you can see
just how beautiful it is.
All you need to do to win this is to
1) comment on my blog post
2) Add yourself as a follower on my blog
I will announce a winner on October 15 so you have
a little over 2 weeks.

13 comments:

  1. Connie this is amazing!!! I always adore your backgrounds and they always set your stamps off perfectly!!! This one is no different!!!
    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is gorgeous. The background is awesome and like Kym says, perfectly compliments the image. Love it!!!!!! PS: You'll have to let me know how/what you used for the bg. :-)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice color and I too LOVE that background. I was also trying to figure that out, lol! I can see you have us all thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree the background is beautiful it looks like a sheer piece of material drapped over a zebra or branch print pillow. Love it!! You do some of the coolest techniques!! Your coloring is beautiful also!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind comments.
    Here are directions for my background: Dribble 2-3 colors of Luna Lights paints onto a sheet protector or just 2 pcs of acetate etc. Close cover and smoosh paints around to blend. Open cover and put 2 pcs of BLACK glossy paper (glossy sides out) in and close cover. Brayer or rub over cover to achieve full coverage. Remove glossy giving a slight twist as you do. Allow to dry and it is finished!
    Do a google search for the paints. I got them thru Viva Las Vegas at a convention years ago.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That background you have put her on is gorgeous and really compliments this beautiful image! Great card Connie! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie, the colors are gorgeous for this image, you did a remarkable job. BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card, she is so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, Connie, I love the colors you used.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Connie- the background is AMAZING!!! I absolutely love what you did and thank for sharing the 'how to' as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Connie...so elegant and soft! Just a perfect creation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the feel of this card. The vackground works perfectly with the flowy image.

    ReplyDelete