Saturday, August 21, 2010

Every rose has its thorn

















I made this card for a specific challenge  -  to make a card with a song of your choice in mind. I chose: every rose has its thorn by Poison. I had just seen a documentary about the band on MTV and this beautiful ballad got stuck in my head. As soon as I saw the challenge and started singing the song I thought of this image - Love is gone from plate #29. It's very goth and rock'n'roll, don't you think?.

I started by choosing matching papers. I had a small rosy panel that I matched with a stripey one from BG. I then coloured my image with coordinating promarkers. I wanted the circular part of the sketch to look like a rose so I cut out circles in different shades and sizes. Then I assembled them so they would look like a rose. To accentuate the detail I added a small piece of leaf-ribbon in the left lower corner. It was white, but I coloured it with my promarkers to match. The final touch was some glitter to the wings and rose and pearls in the corners of the card.


















/Katarina

11 comments:

  1. This is marvelous! She represents this song exceptionally well and I do get the flower in the center! Very out of the box! Way to go!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those circles caught my eye Katarina. You carried this one off just fantastic!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! I love the way you used the circles to create a flower that the image is the center of. Fabulous coloring and the glitter is done perfectly! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. neat idea, I love the floral theme

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, I love your layout!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful card and love the circles as a matting for the image. The song fits this image perfectly. Definitely love the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! She does represent the song so well, and your rose behind her is so creative! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love that song too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card!! Love her wings and that song really represents here so well!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katarina, this is gorgeous, I love her wings. You did a fabulous job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sparkle Katarina, it really adds the extra eye catching feature to the card. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete