Friday, June 25, 2010

Magical wishes


















The image I've used is called time flies. I thought this image really suited the blue paper as it has swirls and butterflies on it. I really wanted to make the card over-the-top as I sometimes feel like I don't decorate enough. I love those decadent cards with enormous amounts of embellishments and layers. So whenever I felt like stopping myself I ignored that impulse and inked, tore and layered some more.

I worked quite a while on this card and loved every second of it. As usual I coloured the image with promarkers, cut out with a circle nestability and layered on a bigger circle of orange bling cardstock. I added stickles glitter in colours "waterfall" and "stardust" on her and on the middle of the cut-out butterfly. The blue card base is stamped with a butterfly stamp with versamark ink and then embossed with a light blue embossing powder with some glitter in it. On top of that I added a piece of orange patterned paper with glitter embossed parts. I tore the top and bottom to make it a bit more vibrant. On top of that are two pieces of paper. They are actually cut as one strip from a 12x12" paper and then cut in two. I used a corner punch on them and after that I cut out a scalloped circle with my nesties which I embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder. Finally I stamped the text "mystical wishes" that can be found on Elaine Cox' sheet 5 plate 46 in a blue ink and embossed with glittery powder. I then layered it on a tiny piece of orange bling card stock and attached to the right hand side of the card. And there you have it :)



















/Katarina

10 comments:

  1. Love it. Love the papers and how you colored her. I know I don't decorate my projects enough... but love the effect. I love the colors. Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like all your layers Katarina. They mesh so well! You did a great job.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the embossed butterflies behind her. They add just the right touch to her. The colors are magnificent!!! You did a great job not stopping!! LOL

    KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katarina this is gorgeous!!! Love the colors you used!! THe embossed butterflies look great!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AMAZING! Absolutely breathtaking. The colors, the layers, the bling, all wonderful. But nothing, nothing compares with the amazing job you did with her face. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!!! I love the embossed diecuts you have added in the background and your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katarina, lovely job on this, it is so pretty. Love all the layers and her eyes are sooo pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love those papers with her! That embossed cardstock piece is particularly gorgeous! Your coloring is wonderful (wow - those eyes!) and I love all of the sparkly touches! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous project! I love how you did her eyes especially! Great colors with those papers!

    ReplyDelete