Friday, May 21, 2010

You are grrrrreat!



Yesterday I managed to finish a card using Inner tender from sheet 13 plate #42. As soon as I saw this image I knew I wanted to use this paper I had. I often like to use simple sketches with my Sweet Pea stamps as I want the images to be the focal point.

The whole image is coloured with promarkers in different brown shades. This is the first time I've coloured in the background as well. I also used a glittery pen on her bodice and in her hair. The wings are just shadowed with grey/beige.
Browns are not my fav colour to use, but I think the card turned out quite well. I also managed to use some fibers I've had for years that accentuate the colours.



Thanks for stopping by.

/Katarina

10 comments:

  1. Well this card is grrrreat!! Love tha patterned paper and the fibres are a perfect touch as they look like grass!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very lovely Katarina. Love the background paper and fibers. This would be pretty hanging on the wall

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice, love the colors and how well they work with each other

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katarina, this is so pretty! Love the paper and the fibers you used!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ! so nice ! the paper is fantastic !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful,great paper.

    Grtzz Marjon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katarina this card is lovely the backing papers are great it certainly has a jungle feel to it.
    Luv Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Katarina! Those papers are perfect with her! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creation !!! I really love the patterned paper !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the fibers combined with this and the paper is just PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete