Sunday, January 31, 2010

Red Hearts


Today's card features ©ching chou kuik's Red Hearts from Sheet 6, Plate 28. Isn't she absolutely beautiful?
I colored her using my copics. I also used Ranger's Distress Inks and a foam pad to blend the stark white down a bit- blend it in a little more. I must confess, that as much as I love love love reds, sometimes I get it right when coloring and sometimes I don't. (lol, copic certified or not, I have off days). However, with these gorgeous stamps, one can't go wrong.

I generally do the light type of cards, as in white with touches of color - 'clean & simple' but do try to step outside my comfort zone and used dark gray as the card base. The DP is from my scrap basket.

I did not add a sentiment (from Plate 28) yet because these images really can go with any occasion. I generally add the sentiment when I know what occasion the card will be used for.

You will want to make sure and check out the other images that come on Plate 28. Absolutely gorgeous!

Don't forget to swing by the Sweet Pea Stamps shop to check out ALL of the wonderful stamps available.

9 comments:

  1. Wow I love the layout and the colors you used, your colouring is wonderful and your card just gorgeous with these red tones !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, totally stunning card hunny that image is really stunning these images are just the most gorgeous ever, and you've coloured it to perfection. Just adore it, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micki, this card is gorgeous. I love the orange with with the red, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful card, love the colors you chose

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis card is gorgeous Micki!! Love all the red tones and your coloring is beautiful!!
    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Micki!!! I love the coloring! Great dramatic colors!! So perfect for this image! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Micki, this is gorgeous!! I love the layout and color combo! ANd her eyes really pop against all of those fiery colors! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! I just love that stamp and the red you used is great. I love the subtle tones in the background and on the edges. Really makes her standout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely STUNNING. You step out of your box beautifully!

    ReplyDelete