Monday, February 22, 2010

Journey to Paris

A friend of mine sent me the wonderful Eiffel tower embellishment that is in the center of this card. It is made of air dry clay and has metallic ribbons in it also. Isn't it gorgeous!!! Rather than hoard this beautiful embellishment and pack it away with the rest of my stash, inspiration struck as I knew I had the perfect Sweet Pea stamp to accompany this embellishment. The Eiffel tower image, seen in the upper right and lower left corners of this card, is on Sweet Pea plate #6. I stamped the image onto white card stock using lightening black brilliance ink and then I embossed with clear detail powder. I double mounted the image on a metallic gold piece of card stock and then a black piece of card stock. I cut a piece of white card stock to 4 x 5 1/4" and sponged on some gold ink, but not enough to cover the card. After the ink dried I ran the piece through my Cuttlebug using the script embossing folder. I swiped a black ink pad and then the lightening black brilliance ink pad across the embossed card to highlight the script. I edged the piece using a gold Krylon pen and before attaching to a black card I attached a piece of printed twill ribbon with a gold star shaped brad to the left top corner. I then attached the embellishment and 2 stamped images to the front of the card. I love it when inspiration strikes and all the pieces of a card work together so well!!!
Chrissy

9 comments:

  1. I love this stamp set, I don;t see enough of it used, great work Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Chrissy. So elegant. I love it!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely old worldly card with definately a french feel to it....
    Teresaxx
    Hope you had alovely break Lynette!!
    Teresaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissy, you do vintage so well!!! I love what you have done with this set!!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this vintage look !!!
    Gorgeous card !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissy, this is so elegant and nicely nostalgic!! It is beautiful! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful vintage 'Paris' card Chrissy! Great background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is all so perfect. I have a friend going to Paris in a few weeks. Although I don't have the lovely embellishment, I bet she would still like a card similar (but not as nice) as this :) Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the colors you chose, it looks great

    ReplyDelete