Sunday, December 20, 2009

Merry Christmas to All!

I'm dreaming of a metallic Christmas! Wishing all of you a happy holidays this year. I used one of the elegant lady stamps from sheet #17. I paired it with the Merry Christmas stamp.


I stamped the image on thick white cardstock and used copic markers to add color highlights. I stamped shimmery silver paper with "Merry Christmas" using Memento brand ink. I trimmed one side of it with a border punch from Fiskars. I mounted everything on metallic gold cardstock. The embellishment is actually a gold metal concho. These are often sold in the beading aisle. They are usually used for holding scarves or small belts. They are fairly inexpensive and make nice dimensional embellishments for cards. They come in all sorts of shapes and patterns. For this card I just laced in some sheer ribbons and use dimensional glue dots to hold it in place.

Merry Christmas to you!

Holley

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous take on Christmas colors Holley! I like how you think "outside the box"!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice Holley and I love the embellishment! jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Holley, the embellishment is such an elegant touch and the border too. Love the earth tone colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Holley! Love the Victorian feel to it!!

    ReplyDelete