Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas is.... ANGELS

Have you seen this angel image that is available on Sweet Pea plate #12? I'm getting a jump on my Christmas cards with her.
For this card I started with a metallic blue square card. I stamped the image on a small piece of blue cardstock, trimmed it, and ran a silver Krylon pen over all 4 sides. I mounted the angel onto a piece of decorative scrapbook paper that was cut to the same height of the card and just 1/2" wider than the angel piece. Now, I've got a blue and silver theme going here. I ran the silver Krylon pen down both sides of that piece also. I had some silver vellum paper that I cut the same height of the card and just wide enough to be able to use a border punch down both sides so that it would show when mounted behind the decorative paper. At that point I had attached the piece to the front of the card, but thought there was still something needed. I had some light blue ribbon with silver stars on it, so I cut 2 pieces that I could attach to either side of the piece I had just attached to the card. And, since I had used the silver Krylon pen on the previous layers, I decided to run it along the left and right edges of the card also.
On the right, I started with maroon or wine colored card. I cut a slightly smaller piece of gold metallic cardstock and used decorative edge scissors along the right side. I have some beautiful handmade deep mauve paper that I cut slightly smaller than the gold, but before attaching it to the gold cardstock I attached a strip of ribbon and 2 fabric flowers to the left side. I then stamped the angel image onto pink cardstock with black ink and mounted on an angle to the front of the card.
The card on the left started with a yellow-green card. I cut a piece of green cardstock slightly smaller and used a decorative corner punch on all 4 corners. I stamped swirls onto the green card along the left and right edges using dark green ink and then attached a ribbon vertically across the piece attaching to the backside. The angel image was stamped with black ink onto a background I had made using various inks (yellow, green, and blue). I double matted the image onto a dark and then a light piece of cardstock before attaching the front of the card.
I like to use ribbons as embellishments. I think they can add some pizazz to a card.
Have fun making your own Christmas cards with this angel image..... Chrissy

6 comments:

  1. Love your Angels Chrissy! Each is different and all are lovely.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy I love the blue one, I think blue Christmas cards are so elegant looking. You did a fantastic job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy, Awesome job. I love this set as it can be used in so many ways......

    I really love the green one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty angel cards, Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Esp the card on top. Who makes that border punch? it goes fabulous with the image!

    ReplyDelete