Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Flu season remedies....

Cold and flu season is upon us, so I thought I'd stock up on Get Well cards. I'm hoping no one gets sick, but if someone does ... I'm ready!
I've had a booklet of patterned paper forever and thought it would work great for some get well wishes.
On the left I used an image and phrase from Sweet Pea plate #10. I simply stamped them on a piece of patterned paper that I trimmed with decorative edge scissors and then attached to a blue card. The card still needed something else so I doodled along the left and right edges with a marker, and I also applied tinted crystal lacquer for the little girl's hair.
For the card on the right I stamped an image from Sweet Pea plate #9 on the left side of a bright pink card. I cut a triangle from patterned paper, stamped 2 phrases from Sweet Pea plate #10 onto it, and then attached to the pink card using pink brads. To add a little more interest I attached a piece of pink thread around the brads before gluing the patterned piece onto the pink card. I seemed to be in a 'doodling' mood that day so I used a marker to add some to the left and bottom edge of this card too.
These 2 cards use the bug image and one of the phrases from Sweet Pea plate #10.
On the right I stamped the bug onto a piece of patterned paper, cut with decorative scissors and attached to the bright pink card. I stamped the phrase and added doodles down the left and right side using a marker. And then I added the ribbon bow.
On the left I stamped the bug on a piece of white cardstock, colored with pencils, cut out, and attached to a piece of patterned paper. I used a deckle edge ruler to tear the patterned paper and then attached to the yellow card. I stamped the phrase in the lower right corner and added doodles using a marker along the right and bottom of the yellow card. There still seemed to be something missing so I attached yellow ribbon along the left and top side of the card and then attached 3 rhinestone embellishments in the corners.
Try these images to make your own Get Well Cards.... Keep Stamping, Chrissy

1 comment: