Thursday, August 27, 2009

Connie-Just Hayden! Just A Note



I just had to play with my new Cuttlebug embossing folder today and Hayden fit right in so here she is again.

Supplies:
Hayden from Plate #8 of Sweet Pea Stamps (that Gum Drop Gang!)
Inks: Black Memento by Tsukineko, Beach Ball yellow by Ranger, SU markers
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder "Owl Flourish"
Dimensional tape
paper flowers
glittery brad from Oriental Trading
Corner rounder by SU
Dimensional Magic

I ran some blue paper thru the Cuttlebug & layered over the yellow card base (A2 size)
I stamped Hayden, colored her and trimmed to fit blue paper, rounding one corner
I inked parts of verses from plate 8 with yellow & black inks & stamped on flowers for interest
before running a brad thru and adhering them over one of Hayden's flowers.
*TIP I added some bits of dimensional tape beneath flowers so brad would not draw them down fully for more dimension
I also curled the petals for even more dimension!
Added some Dimensional Magic to centers of flowers for oomph
Stamped verse and layered onto yellow for frame

The embossing folder has an owl but I only wanted the curly corner so I covered the bird up!

Enjoy those flowers while you can. The leaves on our trees are beginning to turn color ever so slightly, but turning all the same....

No comments:

Post a Comment